Sunday, July 15, 2012

{Bling: Made By Me!}

I have a really, really bad habit of collecting beads, bracelets, charms and things when thrifting.  I have now accumulated a rather large collection for some reason.  If it shines or dangles its mine.  I don't know when this obsession came about or why.


They are taking up too much room, and my glass jar is overflowing with these bits and pieces.  Today I decided to do something about it!



Inspired by the beachy boho creations of Spell & the Gypsy Collective (have you seen their shop and blog?), I came up with my own little creation.


I plaited together some leather strands and added different charms that I had collected.  I'm thinking I still need to add some more to it, but for my first ever piece of handmade jewellery I'm quite proud of how it turned out!  I might have caught the bug too, and have plenty more charms and bits n'bobs to create a few more.

4 comments:

Claudia Fabiana said...

So cute! I am already a follower of yours! Oh, joy!

ciao!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Also like the key I spotted near the W.

kim said...

Hey that's pretty! Good job!

Natasha in Oz said...

Great job! You are way more creative than I am.

Hope you are having a great week so far.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz